Monday, January 27, 2020

03 Week - Pen Tool Practice


Working with the pen tool, I drew the trailer and car on the left.  Making the straight lines of the trailer seemed very simple.  Then I moved on to the car. I found this very intimidating. First I had to learn when to press shift and when to press alt as I decided on a straight or a curved line.  I watched the tutorial several times having difficulty finding the same stopping points for the curves. My half circles came out more oblong shaped.  

After practicing over and over I realized I didn't have to have the exact same points to make the shapes I wanted.  I learned how to manipulate the curved lines and when to change point directions to create the right shapes.  

This was a fun exercise!  I've never been able to figure out how the pen tool worked in the past so I as very glad to play around with it and the assistance of the tutorial helped it all make sense. 




No comments:

Post a Comment