Wednesday, February 5, 2020

04 - Project 2

For my design, I wanted something simple and I knew immediately that I wanted to focus on women and specifically equality in women.

I first started playing with several different designs, adding wording around my picture for inspiration in my drawing. I would have liked to keep the wording but that wasn't allowed in the assignment.  I played with a little color in one of the designs before I made a decision on the final scheme.



For the final design, I chose the sun with the color yellow because the sun typically brings smiles and happy thoughts to people.  For the stick figure women, I chose purple not only because it compliments yellow but also because in history purple was worn only by royalty. I wanted to express this feeling of importance in my design. I made the women identical to show equality.


After our group discussion and critique by a group of peers, I decided to make a slight change in the design.  I added a rectangle to break of the similarity of the group a little thus bringing the message of equality despite differences in each person.




No comments:

Post a Comment